Chava Alexandra Wernick
Founder, Developer, Instructional Designer - GreenMoose Communication Technology
Below are some samples of Chava's work. For more information, connect with Chava on LinkedIn
Websites To view additional websites developed by Chava, please email her at .
- Cue College - Built e-commerce site, and set up CRM. Connected online store, CRM, and Learning Management System via webhooks and API to get/put and sync data across client's platforms.
- Revitalize Physical Therapy - Designed and developed website, set up blog, set up email, created customized tutorials for WordPress blog management
- Wernick & Associates, Ltd. - Designed and developed responsive website, handle site updates, created customized user-guides.
- Cloud Draw Alpha Version - Alpha version e-learning application that teaches about clouds and offers a drawing canvas to draw your own clouds, uses HTML5, JS, Canvas
- Math Duck - Flash-powered speed-math game, developed for a youth math project
- Pong Tutorial Example - Documentation for how to build pong can be found here
Created for high school computer science students:
Chava has been writing short stories, essays, instruction manuals, and more for 10+ years (this in addition to over 10,000 lines of code). Her writing has been used as part of marketing campaigns and outreach initiatives, educational curricula for adult and youth learners, speeches and presentations, and to fill the awkward silences of roadtrips and family dinners. Some of the results of her writing include: the increase of participants in community events, a surge of student applicants to the STEM department where she taught, and her success in raising $2,000 dollars for cancer research. Readers enjoy her variable writing style, the sudden yet subtle inserts of humor, and the clarity and confidence her writing conveys. (A recent recipient of her weekly Community Basketball emails commented, "Chava, you never cease to amaze me".)
Essays & Academic Papers
- Share The Road - Cyclists Belong
- Enhancing Therapeutic Learning, Master's Thesis - NYU, 2013
- Philosophy on Education - OSU, 2010
- Article Reflection on Cognitive Load - NYU, 2011
- Engineering & Coding Textpamphlet - Sample
- Basic PowerPoint Tutorial
- The Eyeball Song - see video below
- For samples of emails, adverts, and other materials related to marketing communications, please contact Chava at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chava began creating videos before reaching the double-digits, her first production, which was widely distrbuted around the 4th grade, was a stop-motion reenactment of the moon landing recorded using a Sony 8mm camcorder and edited on a VCR. Since then, Chava has continued making videos and shorts, some academic, some entertaining, and some are still being classified. Her interests and curiosity led her to experiment with stop-motion animation, claymation, computer animation, and greenscreen. After stretching the limits of Windows Movie Maker, and frustrated by its inability to handle computer animation without crashing, she taught herself to use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. Her undergraduate career at Ohio State included several courses on video and documentary scripting, storyboarding, filming, and editing. Her portfolio includes: PSA's, educational videos, and many stop-motion shorts.
- Kiddush Committee PSA - Stop-motion created to promote volunteer committee
- Iris and the Eyeballs - Claymation over winterbreak
- Some Dishes Do It Alone - Stop-motion with 600+ photos and a week of editing, because we had dirty dishes
- A Little Lesson - English 269, Ohio State 2009, greenscreen and iMovie
- Kate's Shoes - stop-motion shot 5 months before deciding what to do with the shots
Chava regularly updates her online portfolio. Stay tuned for more!